Mila(Jing) Lyu is a Sr. UX Designer
@ JPMorgan Chase
Hi, I’m Mila!
Design is in my DNA.
Graduated from Pratt Institute (M.S.), I’m a multidisciplinary designer trained at a Ph.D. level in Human-Centered Design.
Having lived and worked among various cultures and worldwide cross-functional teams, I have developed empathy to better understand business/users and their technical needs and challenges. Driven by a passion for looking deeper into everyday issues, I strive to create Human-Centered Design solutions that make the social impact more positive and decision-making easier.
As an award-winning Design Lead with grit and curiosity, I bridge the gap between users’ goals and the applications: No more, no less; No nonsense. My experience and expertise include: Cross-team collaboration, omnichannel experience design, mixed research methods, enterprise design, consumer design, design system/library, Lean & Agile UX, Mobile-first, Pixel Perfect, Accessibility (A11Y), and Design For Good.
Previously at Gap.com. Now a Sr. UX designer, leading enterprise experiences at JPMorgan Chase for Finance users.
Thanks for stopping by!
Working with Mila (Jing) and the team has lead to thoughtful designs creating improved user satisfaction and less rework, good partnership with the Development team to problem solve, and strengthening client engagement (via surveys, user studies, and better decisioning) based on data and research.Gigi C., Executive Director/Product Manager, JPMorgan Chase
“Mila (Jing) handles herself in a mature and professional way. She is broad in her cultural awareness and has sensitives towards many people. She is very well educated, has excellent manners, is poised, kind and soft-spoken. But most importantly, she has humility.”Kevin G., Distinguished Professor, Grad. Communications Design Program, Pratt Institute
- “Privacy at a Glance: The User-Centric Design of Glanceable Data Exposure Visualizations.” Proceedings on Privacy Enhancing Technologies (PETS), 2020.
- “A Smartphone-Based Tangible Interaction Approach for Landscape Visualization.” International Symposium on Pervasive Displays. ACM, 2018. Best demo awards.
- “An 1834 Mediterranean Garden in Berlin.” International Symposium on Pervasive Displays. ACM, 2018. Best paper awards.
- Italy Design Week: The Evolving Silk Road, Italy, 2015
- Manhattan Center: Pratt Show. New York City, 2010
- International Spark Design Award Finalist Winners, 2009